Installation at the German Ministery of Foreign Affairs, Berlin, 2003
Destruction and Resurrection is the main idea of this installation with historical reminiscences.
Two historical moments in the history of Berlin and Moscow:
The Palace of the Prussian Kings In the center of Berlin was destroyed after the Second World War in 1949 by the Socialist government of East Germany. Now it is being rebuilt in its original shape.
The Cathedral of Christ the Saviour in the heart of Moscow was destroyed after the Bolshevist Revolution under Stalin in 1931. It has been rebuilt after the Perestroika as a symbol of religious resurrection.
"Destruction of the Berlin Palace", 3-D lightboxes, 17 x 48 cm each
"Destruction and Resurrection of the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour", 3-D lightboxes, 17 x 48 cm each